Villa Forum Long Term Care Residence is owned by Mississauga Italian Canadian Benevolent Association, a non-profit corporation, and is managed by Chartwell.
Conveniently located near the city center in Mississauga, Villa Forum is a 160 bed long-term care residence fully licensed by the Ministry of Health, accredited by CARF. As you enter the home the beautiful piazza welcomes you. Residents, families and friends can enjoy a hot cup of cappuccino at the home’s café! Residents often play “scopa” a popular Italian card game or just enjoying sitting chatting with the company of other residents, family and friends. The residents at Villa Forum come from varied backgrounds as the residence truly celebrates multiculturalism.
Within Villa Forum we have designed seven unique neighborhoods that offer rooms, which can be personalized. Additionally, our dining rooms and lounges are designed to promote a true home-like feeling.
Aside from our Nursing and Personal Care, Villa Forum also offers Physiotherapy, Palliative Care, Social Work, Intergenerational Programming, Recreation and Restorative Care.
We are committed to providing a comfortable home, full of joy and traditions with passionate staff that embrace resident centered care and celebrate cultural diversity.
We will provide our mission by:
- Fostering relationships that engage staff and residents in a culture of ability, empowerment and well-being.
- Meeting and exceeding standards set by residents, families and all shareholders through established continuous quality improvement practices.
- Promoting well-being through traditional celebrations, daily relationships and culturally diverse choices.
- Delivering great customer service through actively listening, building trusting relationships and partnering with resident and families of our home.
- Recruiting and retaining great staff.
- Challenging and empowering staff through education and recognition of everyday efforts.
Values and “Vivere” (to live): We believe values are the foundation of quality and caring.
Integrity: We pride ourselves in achieving high standards.
Love: We believe love is life and is given unconditionally.
Loyalty: We believe our commitment to our home, residents, families and each other builds trust.
Attitude: We believe positive attitudes are welcoming and keep relationships together.
Fun: We believe joyfulness and laughter promotes therapeutic healing.
Organized: We believe that organization is the foundation for learning and success.
Respect: We believe it is earned by actively listening, acting on promises and communication in a positive manner.
Unity: We believe in a common goal that is stronger by virtue of the all….not the one.
Multicultural: We believe in celebrating, respecting, understand and sharing each other’s culture and personal expression.